It’s Monday morning – we’ve been in California just over 2 days now, and here are some observations – may of which have been made before by other people, so apologies for repetition:
- Some people own some very silly cars.
- But that’s OK, because even the fairly minor roads are 6 lanes wide.
- There seems to be some sort of election going on here. We were asked if we wanted to register to vote yesterday – tempting to see if would work, but we resisted.
- People drive really slow – the speed limit in most areas is 35 mph, except on the freeway.
- The weather is *so* much better here!! OK, so it’s rained a couple of times already, but it’s warm rain, and it’s so unusual is occupies most of the local news.
- Nothing comes in small sizes – juice cartons, bags of rice, cups of coffee – everything is large, because there’s always plenty of space.