A brief post due to being on holiday in sunny Devon this week. Today’s mission: cream tea!
- Ultimate cheese on toast/grilled cheese – Gabrielle Hamilton says use mayonnaise instead of butter for your grilled cheese ; Charlotte Taylor at Motherhood adds an egg and cherry tomatoes to cheese on toast. Both sound worth trying in the interests of research…
- A few interesting salads:
- Green beans with hazelnuts and tomato-creme fraiche dressing (Saveur)
- Nectarines, corn and peanuts (Sprouted Kitchen)
- Smoked trout, lentil and blackberry salad in the new September delicious magazine
- A good piece about the changing nature of cornmeal and cornbread over time (and why there’s controversy about adding sugar)
- Trish Deseine’s new book looks like it will be beautiful