Glad that the glorious weather continued for a few days after we got back from holiday. However, I seem to have already switched to autumn mode for cooking: we’ve had toad-in-the-hole, mushroom risotto and Rosie Ramsden’s beef shin chilli for dinner this week.
- Why you should store tomatoes in the fridge – Serious Eats busts this myth
- More excellent guidance from Serious Eats – how to mix bread dough
- The backlash against foraging: Jay Rayner and Rowley Leigh say why gather stuff that tastes bad when we developed farming to make things taste good?
- Yotam Ottolenghi has a new book out – recipe extracts look good, especially the baked orzo and the cauliflower cake.
- I like the look of Edd Kimber’s new book on patisserie, based on his video trailer