Food reading has been a bit thin on the ground this week – a combination of Thanksgiving recipes everywhere and having my head buried in ‘Sealed with a Christmas Kiss‘ and ‘Gone Girl’ on Kindle. About the only cooking I’ve done is to revive my (elderly) frozen sourdough starter. The good news is that it is alive…
- So many cakey-biscuity things to add to the to-make list: chocolate pistachio doughnuts, perfect gingernut biscuits, clotted cream and jam cupcakes.
- I really liked Sabrina Ghayour’s debut Guardian column, with recipes for coiled filo pies
- Living with a kale-hater, I’m always looking for ways to sneak the stuff I get in the organic box into dishes. I like the look of Shepherd’s pie with garlicky kale mash, and spicy kale and ricotta pizza.
- This interview with Stanley Tucci about cooking and recipes is charming. Made me like him even more, and want to re-watch ‘Big Night‘.
- Symmetry Breakfast is oddly compelling – as featured in the Guardian.