A short one this week, because I almost forgot to put this post together, and because I haven’t bookmarked that much this week. I’ve also been treated to someone else’s cooking all week, with my Mum catering while she was staying with us.
Reading this week:
- Rocket & Squash does a good round-up of the weekend food supplements on Mondays. Very useful.
- Smitten Kitchen – oven-braised beef with tomatoes and garlic sounds right up my street: three ingredients, almost no preparation, long-braised goodness. But I wonder why you can’t routinely buy beef chuck as a joint in the UK?
- Daniel Boulud comes across as a pretty hyperactive character in this Bon Appetit piece.
- A child psychologist takes fussy-eating children to Yo Sushi without their parents to see what they will eat (answer: most things).
- Both of these Nigel Slater valentines cakes sound delicious.