From this Food52 thing based on this book comes the idea of making lists of things that you love, as a way to reflect, to feel better, and to appreciate the little things that brighten each day. So inspired by this, and with no particular theme, here is one of mine.
Things I love:
- the view from Waterloo bridge, especially from the bus, especially when the sun is going down.
- making and icing a layer cake, and sharing it with friends. Precisely that sort of absorbing craft that is so rewarding and you get cake too!
- apple blossom, cherry blossom
- the sound of my daughter laughing
- good bread with good salted butter – enough butter to leave toothmarks
- rolling up trousers and paddling in the sea, listening to the waves
- cello music, especially Jacqueline du Pre playing this
- starting a new notebook
- the smell of jasmine on a warm evening