- Mushroom bolognese from Homemade with Love, by the peerless Jennifer Perillo. I added some soaked, dried porcini as well. So good – even E approved.
- Butter chicken – from Slow Cooked. My odyssey through this book continues.
- Ricotta fritters from My Lovely Little Lunchbox – ostensibly for E, but I ate most of them
Without a recipe:
- Vegetable stir-fry with peanuts, pak choi
- Mushroom and bacon pasta
- Tacos with leftover white chili, avocado, cheese, and spring onions
Lots of reading for work about food, and not time for much else
- A really enjoyed this piece about the idea of a meal in a pill, and where it came from
- Our strawberries are in full flood now, so I really need to start cooking with them. A strawberry conserve from the Canal House column in Bon Appetit caught my eye, as did these uses for strawberries and grappa in the Guardian (which I found via the excellent Supplemental round-up of the food pieces in the weekend papers)
- It sounds like madness, but I’m curious enough that I might actually try out this black bean mocha mousse cake from Green Kitchen Stories
- And speaking of Green Kitchen, they will be at the Food Blogger Connect 2015 weekend in September, along with Claudia Roden and others. I’ll be attending on the Saturday only, but say hi if you’re coming.