Lots to cover this week, but no time, so let’s do this in bullets:
- My birthday: a day of great food: I baked the baguette dough that had been gestating for 3 days in the fridge and we ate it with cheese, salami, prosciutto and salads. My mum made a cake. And we had a shed-painting party. A dinner out and a first trip to the cinema in about 18 months.
- Time with family and with E
- A week of sickness: little E spent the weekend careering around and bumped her head about 6 times. She then got a temperature overnight on Tuesday, and spent the rest of the week out of nursery. Lots of sadness 🙁
- A bit of a lack of meal planning, which combined with the unexpected sickness and unexpected (although very welcome) extra house guests (my parents, looking after E) to mean a bit of a random week of meals.
- I restarted running – 3 run/walks this week (using the couch to 5k app). Doing the timed runs interspersed with walks is a much more enjoyable way to start for me than just running slowly.
- I ordered a Riverford recipe box for the first time. Although this ended up not being a great week to try it out, the one recipe we’ve tried so far has been good.
- Authentic baguettes – a really nice, flavourful result
- Riverford recipe box – pork steaks with tomatoes and new potatoes
- Slow cooker chinese pork belly – Slow Cooked
Without a recipe:
- Lasagne with pork mince bolognese
- Spice Tailor chicken curry, with tomato dal from the freezer
Reading – no real time this week, but what time i have had has been making progress on the Ed Catmull book Creativity Inc – highly recommended.