I didn’t really make a meal plan for this week. I’m still not doing it every week, but I am starting to *notice* it when I don’t have one, which I suppose is progress. This week was fuelled by tortillas, and a slow-cooker beef shin stew, based on this Guardian recipe from a few weeks ago. The Indian summer weather this week made the beef shin feel a little premature, but I’m sure I’ll be glad it’s stashed away when the weather finally turns.
- Beef shin stew with pumpkin – adapted for the slow cooker
- Apple sauce oatmeal and raisin cookies – adapted from this David Lebovitz recipe
Without a recipe:
- Roast chicken
- Leftover roast chicken fajitas
- Black bean and scrambled egg burritos – breakfast for dinner!
- Chicken stir-fry
- Late to this, but why Noma is closing, and what they are doing next is really interesting
- A lovely ode to yoghurt in Saveur magazine
- And if you have made yoghurt, here are four things to turn it into
- This week’s Supplemental round-up of last weekend’s food papers is an excellent one.
- As much as I want to try new things when I make dessert, I think I tend to agree that the best desserts are fruit, biscuits and simple cakes.
- Amazon Fresh launched this week in Birmingham.