What a difference a night makes. Last night I was hastily putting this post together and decided I would leave until Saturday morning to post. This morning, although I usually avoid the news, there is no escaping the news frpm Paris. And instead of writing about cooking from the freezer rather than the slow cooker, or the rain and falling leaves, I can only think of families, couples that went out on a Friday night, and never came back.
- Pork chops with apples and grapes – Nigel Slater in the Observer, with mashed potatoes and..
- Ginger-lime carrots from Jennifer Perillo’s Homemade with Love
- Slow cooker bolognese – Slow Cooked
Without a recipe:
- Fish curry
- Fish and chips
- Slow-cooked chinese pork – from the freezer – with rice and stir-fried cabbage
- From The Guardian, How Mexico ended up with a soda tax, and what happened next
- This seems obvious but might actually be genius: what happens when you make a sideways potato gratin
- David Chang muses on the dark side of cooking, and the difficulty of stopping shouting