I have sparked my sourdough starter back to life this week, prompted by my re-starting Michael Pollan’s ‘Cooked’, and getting to the Air chapter, which documents learning to make sourdough bread. That co-incided with an article on sourdough starters in my new Saveur magazine, and also prompted me to seek out the episode of Cooked on Netflix, and to finally buy Chad Robertson’s Tartine Bread.
All of that means that the weekend schedule included sourdough pizza on Friday night, wholewheat sourdough waffles (from a recipe in Saveur) on Saturday morning, and a first attempt at Chad Robertson’s Country Bread (using the NYT recipe, as I impatiently waited for my copy of the book to arrive.
- Guacamole – Food52 Genius Recipes
- Tartine Country Bread – from Tartine Bread, but the basic recipe is reproduced here
- Wholewheat sourdough waffles – Saveur magazine
- Sourdough pizza dough – New York Times
- Raspberry and oreo brownies – Taming Twins
- Butterbean and vegetable stew – Delicious Magazine, September issue
Without a recipe:
- Grilled chicken with stir-fried beans and noodles
- Vegetable bake – layered roasted tomatoes, courgettes and peppers, topped with mozzarella and breadcrumbs
- Roast chicken, boiled new potatoes, romanesco broccoli with parmesan
- Still working my way through Michael Pollan’s Cooked
- Luisa makes Miso Claypot chicken (and rice) in her rice cooker (I’m wondering if it would also work in a slow cooker?)
- A Caesar salad dressing with mayonnaise instead of eggs from Dinner: A Love Story
- GBBO did biscuits: BBC Good Food has an ultimate guide to making them